The San Marino Unified School District received an anonymous threat late last Friday night that a bomb had been placed on a school campus, resulting in a full search of all district facilities, according to Chief of Police Tim Harrigan.
The email was sent to a general delivery inbox and was not processed until Sunday at 9:00 p.m., when Superintendent Loren Kleinrock was made aware of the threat. The San Marino Police Department immediately began an investigation aimed at the internet provider and coordinated a physical sweep of the campuses that began at 6:00 this morning. Since they were slated to hist summer school classes later in the morning, San Marino High School, Huntington Middle School and Valentine Elementary School were immediately searched by six teams of pairs that included police officers and district staff. Carver and the district office were swept later.
An email blast was immediately sent to parents letting them know of the situation, but summer school classes went on as planned and without incident, according to Harrigan.” The person said they had been in the school and had left a bomb,” said Harrigan, stating that the perpetrator did not specify which campus the bomb had been left. The San Marino Unified School District researched the matter and believes the email was generated by a computer located in Canyon Country, California.
(No Ratings Yet)