PASADENA (CNS) – Oily rags ignited a house fire in Pasadena, and the fire caused $140,000 worth of damage to the structure, a fire official said today.
A man and woman were left homeless by the fire, which broke out in a garbage can at 10:52 p.m. Saturday.
“The fire was caused by the owner putting oil-soaked rags in the trash container next to the house earlier in the day,” said Lisa Derderian of the Pasadena Fire Department.
“The fire started in the trash can, ran up outside the house and entered the attic.”
Firefighters were dispatched to the home in the 2000 block of Brigden Road and had the fire out at 11:17 p.m. Saturday, Derderian said.
The fire caused $100,000 worth of damage to the structure and $40,000 worth of damage to its contents, she said. No injuries were reported.
(No Ratings Yet)