• Fire Causes $140,000 in Damage to House in Pasadena


    PASADENA (CNS) – Oily rags ignited a house fire in Pasadena, and the fire caused $140,000 worth of damage to the structure, a fire official said today.

    A man and woman were left homeless by the fire, which broke out in a garbage can at 10:52 p.m. Saturday.

    “The fire was caused by the owner putting oil-soaked rags in the trash container next to the house earlier in the day,” said Lisa Derderian of the Pasadena Fire Department.

    “The fire started in the trash can, ran up outside the house and entered the attic.”

    Firefighters were dispatched to the home in the 2000 block of Brigden Road and had the fire out at 11:17 p.m. Saturday, Derderian said.

    The fire caused $100,000 worth of damage to the structure and $40,000 worth of damage to its contents, she said. No injuries were reported.

    1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (No Ratings Yet)


    Loading ... Loading …

    Comments are closed

     
  • You Only Live Once! It’s back with a winter time swing, so come down and join some of the Arcadia Recreation Department’s staff for an evening of fun at the Dana Middle School Gym, 1401 S. First Avenue in Arcadia, from 5-10pm....
    Happy New Year! Rose Parade Float Trophy Winners...
    AND AWAY THEY GO… The Valentine Derby steering committee is looking forward to a wonderful fundraiser party at the Santa Anita Race Track this Saturday, April 12. The event will feature a silent auction during the cocktail hour, a seated dinner a...
    With an all-time high of 875 in attendance, Methodist Hospital’s 19th annual Mardi Gras also raised a record-breaking $144,000 to benefit the hospital’s important cancer program....
    The Pasadena Guild of Children’s Hospital Los Angeles has pledged a $3 million endowment to fund the Pasadena Guild Chair in Developmental Biology and Regenerative Medicine at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles....
     
     
     
    Directory powered by Business Directory Plugin