PASADENA (CNS) – An odor originally thought to be from a natural gas
leak prompted the closure today of Willard Elementary School in Pasadena,
The problem was discovered about 7:15 a.m. at the campus, 301 S. Madre
St., said Lisa Derderian of the Pasadena Fire Department.
Students were sent home for the day, and crews were sent to handle the
problem, reported as a possible natural gas leak, Derderian said.
However, an inspection by crews from the Southern California Gas Co.
determined that there was no natural gas leak, said Anne Silva, a spokeswoman
for the utility.
Maintenance crews were working to determine the source of the odor,
according to the Pasadena Unified School District.
(No Ratings Yet)