The City of Sierra Madre’s CommunityServices Commission is looking for three motivated, enthusiastic, creative, andfriendly volunteers to serve on the City’s Parks Master Plan Subcommittee. TheCity welcomes any interested residents to apply.
Parks Master Plan Subcommittee – 3Vacancies for Community Members At Large
The Committee will be comprised of two (2) membersof the Community Services Commission and three (3) community members at large. Community & Personnel Services Departmentstaff will be the liaisons to the committee. The committee will be subject to the Brown Act and therefore meet in apublic place with posted agendas.
The committee will be appointed by the CommunityServices Commission on August 16, 2010, at the regularly scheduled meeting. Thecommittee will review, amend and develop the adopted Parks Master Plan2001. The following specific tasks below have been assigned to thesubcommittee to make recommendations to the Community Services Commissionregarding changes to the Parks Master Plan.
Tasks assigned to the Parks Master PlanSubcommittee:
1. Review the 2001 Parks MasterPlan and 2005 Scorecard and identify accomplishments as well as needs not yetmet since the last review.
2. Reviewthe City’s park inventory by touring all the parks and recreation and schoolfacilities located in Sierra Madre.
3. Analyzethe demographic and population characteristics of the community includingevaluating factors of age, income, gender, education, ethnicity, median incomeand project projected population changes.
4. Createa Standards Analysis – a park classifications and guidelines which apply to thecommunity of Sierra Madre. Existing facility should be compared againststandards to determine acreage and facilities required to meet present andfuture needs of the community.
5. CommunityInput Process – determine the park and recreation needs of the community.Includes public meetings, focus groups, and surveys. From feedback, quantifyspecific needs of the community.
6. Prioritizeneeds and make recommendations for implementation – summarize priorities andmake recommendations toward the acquisition, development and maintenance ofparks, recreation areas and opens spaces for the next five to ten years. Createan expenditure analysis to help implement the plan.
7. Implementation– establish framework and methods for public officials to use in implementingthe master plan. Policies, ordinances or resolutions as well as sources offunding are recommended so that the plan can become a reality. Also, an actionplan provides specific priorities and budget estimates for the first ten yearsof the plan.
Applications are due by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, August 6, 2010. Submit applications to the Community &Personnel Services Department at the Community Recreation Center, 611 E. SierraMadre Boulevard. For an application,please visit www.cityofsierramadre.comlook for commission/committee applications. For more information please call(626) 355-5278.
(No Ratings Yet)